10 Actors adopted fake accents to seek roles
Acting is a profession during which an actor plays another character. Therefore, it is but obvious that he occasionally adopts a fake accent. This accent is the demand of the character while intentional during others. Some actors replicate the accent so close, while others sound fake. Health Ledger, Meryl Streep, Gary Oldman, Robin Williams and Daniel Day Lewis to name a few. Not only have the Hollywood mimicked others, Bollywood is not far behind. Although the B-Town celebrities accents are not necessarily in English. Here are 10 times both the Hollywood and Bollywood actors faked accents. Some of the world’s best actors adopted fake accents to bring life to their roles.
Hollywood Actors adopted faked accents
- Heath Ledger as Joker in ‘Dark Knight’. The posthumously awarded actor portrayed the accent close to real. It was creepy and scary.
- Meryl Streep Polish accent in ‘Sophie’s Choice’ :The versatile actress polish accent was pitch perfect
- Daniel Day American accent in ‘There will be blood’: He bought back to life the character with the accent. There is no earlier records and he made it look so real with his voice
- Gary Oldman Jamaican accent in ‘True Romance’ was nothing less than extraordinary.
- Robbin Williams in fake mixture of Australian and Scottish accents “In Death to Smoochy”
Bollywood Actors faked accents
The Bollywood actors faked accents also.
- Siddharth Malhotra Punjabi accent in ‘Shershaah’. The biopic on the life of Vikram Batra was inspirational. Siddharth Malhotra bought the character alive with his real Punjabi accent.
- Aditi Rao Persian and Arabian influence in ‘Padmaavat‘. The movie of ‘Padmavat’ was regal and glory. Although, Ranveer and Deepika played the central role, Aditi stole the show with her Persian accent.
- Ranveer Singh Gujrati accent in ‘Ram-Leela’. Not only did Ranveer Singh impress with acting but he stole the show with his accent.
- Priyanka Chopra with Marathi influence ‘Bajirao Mastani’. The versatile actress, singer and producer cast a spell with her performance in Bajirao Mastani. She delivered excellent Marathi with ease.
- Kangana Ranaut Haryanvi accent was perfect in ‘Tanu weds Manu”. Considered one of actress’s finest performances, she impressed the audience and the critics alike. Her Haryanvi accent was close to perfect.