Here’s a look a Tollywood’s 10 Highest paid actors
South Indian megastar mahesh Babu is known for his sense of Humor. The actor is known for his witty and funny nature and while interacting with the media he is usually at it best. So when a reporter asked him a couple of questions regarding his Bollywood debut, the answer was expected. However what Mahesh answered was nothing short of Hilarious. He is known for quick answers and he did not hesitate a bit answering that. Media refers to him as the ‘ Prince of Tollywood’ and is considered a megastar of the Telugu cinema. One of the highest paid actors, he is also a producer and a Philanthropist. During the trailer launch of his movie ‘Major’, when he was asked about his Bollywood debut, he relied that he is comfortable with Telugu. Also he added with a joke that Bollywood could not afford either. The video soon became viral and Mahesh later mentioned that he respected all the languages and cinemas. Also he mentioned that he was getting a number of roles, yet he felt comfortable to be acting in Telugu.
One of Highest paid Telugu actors, Mahesh Babu clears his stand on Bollywood
Mahesh Babu definitely broke hearts when he hinted that he would not be joining Bollywood movies. Besides Mahesh Babu there are others included in Highest paid Telugu actors list. Here is what he said. “I did get a lot of offers in Hindi, but I don’t think they can afford me. I don’t want to waste my time working in an industry which can’t afford me. The stardom and the respect I get here (in South) is huge, so I never really thought of leaving my industry and going to some other industry. I have always thought of doing films and becoming bigger. My dream is coming true now and I can’t be happier,” the actor said. Also he added that he is happy working in Telugu. While the actors mentioned about Bollywood not able to afford him, lets find out how much each South actor makes.
Tollywood actors, How much do they charge?
Here is a list of some of the highest paid South Indian actors.
- Mahesh Babu: According to some reports he charges from 55-80 crores per film.
- Prabhas: Bahubali actor according to his PR team receives Rs 100 crore for each film. In addition he is rumored to be signed at Rs 150 crores for the movie Spirit.
- Pawan Kalyan: The actors’s critically acclaimed movies Bheemla Nayak and Vakeel Saab made him popular. He charges over 50 crores per movie.
- Ram Charan: The RRR fame actor originally charged Rs 35 crore, but the success of the movie has increased his salary to over Rs 43 crores. However, Ram Charan entered the 100-crore club for his next big project with Gautam Tinnanuri, he will get more than Rs 100 crores.
- Junior NTR: The actor was recently seen in SS Rajamouli’s RRR. Jr NTR was paid Rs 45 crore for the film.
- Allu Arjun: Pushpa: The Rise became an instant hit with everyone and so did Allu Arjun. While the second part of the movie is underway, Pushpa received over Rs 60 crore for the two parts of Pushpa.
- Chiranjeevi: According to some reports, Chiranjeevi received Rs 50 crore for the movie Acharya.
- Vijay Devarakonda: The actor will be next seen in Liger. He is paid around 10 crores for each of his movies.
- Nagarjuna: If reports are to be believed, Nagarjuna is also rumored to be taking up to Rs 7 crore per film.
- Ravi Teja: After the success of the movie Krack, the actor remuneration increased. The buzz is that the actor has charged 13 crores for Khiladi. Ravi Teja is getting more than 15 crores for the upcoming films Dhamaka, Rama Rao on Duty, and Tiger Nageswara Rao.
Also read: Mahesh Babu refuses to work in Bollywood