PV Sindhu beats Michelle Li of Canada 21-15 21-13 in final of women’s singles to win a gold medal in Commonwealth Games 2022
- Advertisement -
It is indeed a proud day for India as PV Sindhu won Gold in Commonwealth Games 2022. Two time Olympic medalist, Sindhu defeated Michelle Li 21-15, 21-13 in the women’s singles final. This was Sindhu’s third games with her winning the silver and Bronze in the previous two games. Here are the point by point match proceedings. While Chirag/Satwik in men’s doubles final.. While Sindhu and Lakshya will be in action in their gold medal singles , Chirag/Satwik pair take on Sean Vendy and Ben Lane in the men’s doubles final. The event is expected to start starts at 3:00 pm
Sindhu wins Gold, here are each point by point proceedings
- 02:43 PM IST Commonwealth Games 2022 Live: Sindhu two points away from gold. Lee tries to play it short but squanders it into the net. Sindhu two points away from gold.
- 02:41 PM IST Commonwealth Games 2022 Live: Badminton – Sindhu takes healthy lead. A searing smash from Sindhu and she looks determined to get that elusive gold medal. She takes a five-point lead. Sindhu 17-12 Li
- 02:37 PM IST Commonwealth Games 2022 Live: Badminton – Li closes gap. What a rally!!! Li hits another winner to reduce the gap. Both athletes are drained after exchanging 57 shots.Sindhu 13-10 Li
- 02:33 PM ISTCommonwealth Games 2022 Live: Badminton – PV Sindhu inches closer to goldBrilliant from Sindhu!!! High tempo and Sindhu finishes it precisely with a cross-court drop. Six-point lead for the Indian.Sindhu 12-6 Li
- 02:31 PM ISTCommonwealth Games 2022 Live Score: Badminton – Sindhu leads at mid-game intervalFive-point advantage for Sindhu at the mid-game interval in second game. Li grabbed consecutive points but erred to hand the Indian a healthy lead at the halfway stage.Sindhu 11-6 Li
- 02:27 PM ISTCommonwealth Games 2022 Live Score: Badminton – Sindhu takes massive leadLi hits it wide once again… and Sindhu has taken a massive five-point lead in the second game.Sindhu 8-3 Li
Sindhu Takes Control of Match
- 02:24 PM ISTCWG 2022 Live: Badminton – PV Sindhu leads in second gameSindhu has been dictating rallies, but Li has had her moments too. The Canadian, however, has committed too many unforced errors, with her shots going beyond the backline/sideline. Sindhu is in firm control as she takes a 4-2 lead in the second game.Sindhu 4-2 Li
- 02:19 PM ISTCommonwealth Games 2022 Live: Badminton – PV Sindhu takes opening gameFive game points for Sindhu… and she takes the first game 21-15. The Indian is one game away from her first Games gold in women’s singles.
- 02:17 PM ISTCWG 2022 Live: Badminton – Sindhu moves towards game pointBrilliant from Li! She produces two smash winners but Sindhu comes up with a clever cross-court drop that was beyond her opponent’s reach.Sindhu 18-14 Li
- 02:13 PM ISTCWG 2022 Live: Badminton – Sindhu takes healthy leadFive consecutive points for Sindhu and she takes a healthy lead, thanks to a few errors from her opponent. Indian fans are absolutely loving it at the moment.Sindhu 15-9 Li
- 02:09 PM ISTCWG 2022 Live: Badminton – Sindhu leads at mid-game intervalAn unforced error from Li and Sindhu leads 11-8 at the mid-game interval in the opening game. Lakshya will also be in action shortly in the men’s singles gold medal match. Stay tuned for Live updates!Sindhu 11-8 Li
- 02:06 PM ISTCWG 2022 Live: Badminton – Sindhu takes two-point leadLi mixing things up nicely to keep Sindhu guessing about her move. But the Canadian hits it long and Sindhu decides to leave it. The Indian has got a two-point lead.Sindhu 9-7 Li
- 02:03 PM ISTCWG 2022 Live Score: Badminton – Sindhu, Li tied at 5-5Li is testing Sindhu, who has her ankle strapped with a blue tape. Seems like Sindhu wants to play shorter rallies, while her opponent has no problems in moving across the court. It’s 5-5 at the moment.Sindhu 5-5 Li
- 02:00 PM ISTCWG 2022 Live: Badminton – PV Sindhu takes early leadA positive start from the Indian and the crowd is surely on her side, with ‘Sindhu, Sindhu’ chants at the venue after every point. She has taken a 3-1 lead.Sindhu 3-2 Li
- 01:57 PM ISTCWG 2022 Live: Badminton – PV Sindhu vs Michelle LiThe warm-up is done… let’s begin!
Sindhu takes a quick lead
- Aug 08, 2022 01:56 PM ISTCWG 2022 Live: Badminton – PV Sindhu’s journey to women’s singles finalRound of 32: beat Fathimah Razzaq of Maldives 21-4, 21-11.Round of 16: beat Husina Kobugage of Uganda 21-10, 21-9.Quarter-final: beat Jin Wei Goh of Malaysia 21-19, 14-21, 21-18.Semi-final: beat Jia Min Yeo of Singapore 21-19, 21-17.
- 01:54 PM ISTCommonwealth Games 2022 Live: Badminton – PV Sindhu takes courtTerry Hee and Jessica Tan claimed mixed doubles gold and the medal ceremony has just concluded. Sindhu takes the court for the warm-up… stay tuned for Live updates!
- 01:51 PM ISTCWG 2022 Live: Hockey – Vivek Sagar to miss final against AustraliaMidfielder Vivek Sagar Prasad will not be available to play today’s final against Australia. “He has picked up a minor knee injury and has been advised rest,” says a statement from Hockey India.The Indian men’s team will be playing with 17 members today.
- 01:41 PM ISTCWG 2022 Live: Badminton – PV Sindhu’s impressive runSindhu confirmed another medal for her country by defeating Singapore’s Yeo Jin Min in the semifinal. Her Singapore opponent was giving her good competition. Sindhu kept going and held her nerves to win the first game by 21-19. Sindhu then carried this momentum in the second game to win it 21-17. The Indian has dropped just one game in the lead-up to the women’s singles final.
- Advertisement -