Black pepper, the dried berries, is the ingredient that is mostly found in the household. It is also used as a traditional Ayurvedic medicine for many diseases like cough and cold, chest infection, and reduced the reproduction of cancer. Black pepper is a powerful antioxidant that clears the toxic substances in our bodies.
Here are 6 health benefits of Black Pepper. Down to Earth ,a fortnightly magazine focusing on politics and development listed some benefits.
The first benefit is that spice is an excellent antioxidant. Free radicals like toxins and chemical substances harm the cells present in the body. Black pepper reduces these harmful damages including cardiovascular disease, asthma, and diabetes, and also solves the problem of cancer.
2. Helps to release the excessive water
The second important benefit is that it helps to control water levels. Taking 2-3 Black peppers every day acts as a natural diuretic(removes excess water from the body).
3. Best home ingredients for weight loss
The third important benefit is weight control. Just add a pinch of black pepper to your daily intake. Not only does it break down the excess fat in the body, but also helps the person to get in shape.
4. Enhance the brain function
The fourth benefit is that Black pepper enhances an individual’s analytical abilities.According to the study, diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s can be cured by the pipeline. It maintains the healthy cells in the brain and removes the free radicals.
5. Remedy for cold and coughs
The fifth benefit is that it is used as a medicine for chest and nasal infections. Not only does it break the phlegm, but also helps in speedy recovery. Also, one can include the crushed peppercorns in the hot soup or you can take it with honey. Both the remedies fight Cough and Cold simultaneously.
6. Filled with anti-inflammatory properties
Also referred to as the King of spices, black pepper reduces the chances of Arthritis, Heart disease, Diabetes, and Cancer. Besides it also helps skin regeneration, wound recovery and prevention of skin inflammation. Ayurveda deals in natural products such as Essential oils and Oleoresins.
The versatile spice has benefits and side-effects
1. Regular intake of Black pepper might upset your healthy stomach and cause a burn sensation in the throat.
2. If you increase the intake of black pepper, it may affect your body adversely. It becomes uneasy for you to absorb things properly.
3. Pregnancy might affect, as the pipeline present in the black pepper decreases the mating fertility level in the women.
4. Regular intake of black paper might cause skin irritation, as Vascular tissue present in the body fills with the blood which leads to sensation in the skin.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be taken as professional medical advice. Please consult a doctor for expert opinion.
Also read: 10 healthy food habits to maintain wellness