Holiday Season has already arrived and incidentally marks the end of the year. There is no better time to enjoy with family and friends than now. And what better way to celebrate the big day of Christmas with a glass of Booze. Here are amazing Christmas cocktail recipes that shall add on a special charm this season.
Christmas Cocktail Recipes
Christmas Cranberry Lime Holiday Punch
Christmas Punch is one of the favourites of all Christmas Cocktail Recipes. Alcoholic drink not only is super delicious but is incredibly easy to make. A sweet and tart Tequila based drink, this sure is a highlight of every drink table. Moreover, the drink looks stunning on display. Here is a recipe of Cranberry Lime Holiday Punch drink. Delicious and super easy to make, it requires frozen limeade concentrate, vodka or gin, Sparkling soda or Sprite, fresh cranberries, and holiday sprinkles. Kitchen sanctuary shares the recipe for the cocktail.
Method of Preparation
Combine the Cranberry Juice Cocktail and Lemonade in a large pitcher or punch bowl. Stir the mixture with a ladle to combine. The mixture forms the base of the Christmas Cocktail Recipe.
Steps of Preparation
- Fill each glass about 3/4 of the way full of the juice mixture.
- Add a shot of vodka or gin if desired, and then top off with Sprite.
- For a Christmas Flair add Holiday sprinkles around the glass rim and top the drink with fresh cranberries.
Another of the popular Christmas Cocktail Recipes is White Christmas Martini. A Christmas dream, the drink consists of 3 basic ingredients, Vanilla flavoured Vodka, White chocolate liqueur and creme de cocoa. It is served in glasses with powdered sugar along its rim. This white martini is served in tall, stemmed glass.
Method of Preparation
For preparation of Christmas white martini, one requires the following ingredients.
Vanilla Vodka: Vanilla flavoured Vodka is used in the drink to mask its strong alcohol taste.
White Chocolate Liqueur: This is what gives the martini the “hot cocoa” taste.
Toned Milk: Toned Milk or Half and Half. However, in case you are lactose tolerant, coconut milk is used.
Honey and Coarse Sugar: Coat the rim of glass.
Steps for Preparation
Here are the four steps to prepare the delicious Christmas Cocktail recipe.
- Pour the honey into one shallow dish and the sanding sugar into another dish. Coat the rim of your martini glass with the honey and the sugar.
- Use a cocktail shaker and pour vodka, white chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, and Milk.
- Shake vigorously and strain into the prepared martini glass.
- That’s it! You are ready to sip your creamy, chocolatey martini.
In the event of a large party, you can make the cocktail recipe in advance. Here is Ricky Bobby of Empires and Cocktails sharing his recipe of the delicious concoction.
One of my choicest Christmas Cocktail Recipes is the Mulled Wine. This alcoholic drink is made of warming red wine with a blend of spices. Not only is the recipe easy, but the flavour is fruity and Christmassy and ideal for a family get together. Here is famous chef Gordon Ramsay sharing his recipe of the concoction.
Steps For Preparation
Combine a bottle of red wine with some orange slices, warm spices, honey, and brandy, and let it simmer for 10 minutes. And that is all you need to do. Within minutes you’ll have the coziest winter drink that is nothing less than a celebration.
Chai Spiced and Gingerbread White Russian
White Russians are Vodka based Coffee-flavoured liquors. One of the other ingredients in the popular concoction is half-and-half. In order to prepare the two versions of the Cocktail, combine all the ingredients and incorporate the flavours of Chai in the former and Kahlua and Gingerbread syrup in the latter.
One of the other popular Christmas Cocktail recipes is the Christmas Sangria. The popular cocktail comprises of the season’s best fruits, white wine and hint of spices. Also, the colourful cocktail has slices of fresh, juicy pears, cranberries, and pomegranate arils. These add a sweet, tart taste to the white wine, pear brandy, and white cranberry juice base. For the warm effect, ginger beer is added.
Ingredients Of Sangria
2 to 3 pears
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup pomegranate arils
1 (750-milliliter) bottle dry white wine
1/2 cup pear brandy
1/2 cup white cranberry juice
1/2 cup sugar, optional
12 to 24 ounces ginger beer, to taste
Fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Steps for Preparation
- Rinse the pears and slice them thinly, removing the seeds and stems. Add a few drops of lemon to prevent them from oxidation.
- Add the pear slices, cranberries, and pomegranate arils in a pitcher.
- Mix wine, brandy, and cranberry juice in a separate pitcher or bowl. Taste the mixture and add the sugar for a sweeter base, if desired, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Combine the white wine and pear brandy mixture over the fruits. Refrigerate a minimum for 4 hours. However, for best results overnight soaking is recommended.)
- When it is time to serve, pour the Sangria into the glasses and top it with fruits and mint.
These are just 5 of the many wonderful and mouthwatering drinks for the Holiday season. Tune in for more recipes of the Holiday season and we urge you to join in our celebrations. Try these and enjoy a great time with your family.
Also read: Delicious Vegan Indian Delicacies: From Flatbreads To Curries