Your dream home is not just brick and mortar. It is a symbol of your tastes and preferences in life. It symbolises what you stand for in life. It also says a lot about your character, about your spirit and a lot about the way you perceive life. Therefore, it becomes necessary to equip your home with the best of tips and suggestions that our ancient science – Vaastu and Astrology has to offer.
What is Vaastu Shastra?
In traditional Hindu architecture, the science of architecture is called ‘Vastu Shastra’. Vastu is everything which is related with space, time and architecture. Since time immemorial, Vaastu has been guiding the people of India on how to remain happy and live a peaceful life. It is mechanism to channelise all the energy present around you into a positive direction.
The placement of parts of your house in accordance to important directions prescribed in Vaastu Shastra play a very important role. The direction of placement of rooms and other parts of your hoke may change as per your sun sign.
There are some of the rules that would help you harness positive energy in your home. Let’s have a look –
- Front facing living area
- Main door should face north
- Bedroom should have enough space for movements
- Ensure your head points towards south while sleeping
- South-East is the ideal direction for a kitchen
- Colors like blue, red, green and yellow promote good health
- Keep exhaust fans and gas in south-eastern corner
- Keep refrigerator and other electrical appliances in the southern corner