Ranikhet a small hill station set in the Kumaon hills in Uttarakhand. It offers the tourists a panoramic view of the mighty Himalayan peaks. Its surroundings are peaceful and is also known for its ancient temples.
Ranikhet has a unique identity of being one of the very few cantonment towns in the hills in northern part of India. It is the home for the Military Hospital, Kumaon Regiment and Naga Regiment and is maintained by the Indian Army.
Ranikhet is 59 km from Nainital and 50 km from Almora. The weather in Ranikhet is alpine. Summers (April-June) are mild and winters are cold (November-February). It experiences southwestern monsoon rains in July-September and experiences snowfall in winters.
Ranikhet offers more than just natural beauty. Some of its most prominent tourist attractions include –
- Golf Ground – A Picturesque And Expansive Golf Course
- Chaubatia Garden – The Sprawling Fruit Orchard
- Rani Jheel – The Sparkling Lake Of The Town
- Sunset Point – For A Stunning View
- Kumaon Regimental Centre Museum – Patriotic Vibes
- Jhula Devi Temple – The Wish Fulfilling Abode
- Binsar Mahadev Mandir – Visit An Ancient Temple
- Dwarahat – A Simple Town
- Ram Mandir – Temple On A Hillock
- Apple Garden – Vast Pretty Red Farms
How to reach
By Air – The nearest airport is a Pant Nagar (Nainital). Regular flights operate during the summer.
By Rail – The nearest railhead is Kathgodam.
By Road – The bus service from Ranikhet to Nainital (3 hours), Almora (3 hours), Kathgodam (4 hours), and Kausani (4 hours)