India’s star batsman is eyeing at another milestone once he comes to bat during the first test match of the Border Gavaskar Trophy. So far, the ace batsman is only 318 runs short of completing the 2000 run milestone in the test match.
Virat Kohli might be brash and sometimes outspoken, but his talent on the field is unquestionable. Over the years, he not only has created a niche for himself but also emerged as a dependable team member. His records in all forms of cricket (T20, One Day and Test Match) are a testimony to his exceptional understanding of the game. His numerous records in One Day and Test boast of both brilliance and hard work. Another Virat Kohli’s record is in the making at Border Gavaskar Trophy. The cricketer is 318 runs shy of making 2000 runs. Some of the many records he boasts off are becoming the fastest captain to reach 1000, 2000 and 3000 points, first captain to score the most hundreds in ODI as well as three 100’s in ODI.
Virat Kohli’s Record List of his achievements in Tests and ODI’s
India’s former caption not only is famous on the social media but has achieved some major records. BCCI acknowledged the achievements of the star batsman in a post. Here are some of the achievements in ODI and Tests. Watch Prime Video that showcases what makes him one of the world’s best batsmen.
Here are some other records of Virat Kohli in the One Day International
- Features in the list of 7 Indian batsmen who reached 9,000 points including Virat Kohli.
- Fastest captain to reach 1,000 points, 2,000 points as well as 300 points in One Day International.
- First captain who scored the most hundreds in the One Day International.
- First captain who scored three hundred in ODI.
- As a captain Virat and team won 9 matches continuously in Test series.
- First batsman to scored three hundred in his first three Test innings.
- First Indian captain who scores two twin-centuries.
- Most twin-hundreds as Indian national cricket team’s captain.
- First batsman scoring twin centuries in four continuous matches in Test.
Fans would love another Virat Kohli’s Record as the Border Gavaskar Trophy begins
The Border-Gavaskar Trophy between India and Australia, one of the most high-profile fixtures in international cricket, will be played as a five-Test series in the next ICC’s Future Tours Programme (FTP) between May 2023 and April 2027. It will be the first time since 1992 that India and Australia are playing series comprising five Test matches. With Virat already on 1682 runs, he just needs 318 runs to reach the landmark. We wish him well for the ongoing series.