Vitamin D causes weight Loss-Know the process, Risks and Benefits
I bet very few people are aware of Vitamin based weight management. Not only is Vitamin D helpful in maintaining our immunity, but it maintains an individual’s weight. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that your body absorbs and stores to stay healthy. Thus it is natural that Vitamin D causes weight-loss if consumed in the right proportion. This essential vitamin helps the body to retain minerals such as calcium, and the nutrient also helps prevent over-absorption of signaling chemicals such as the parathyroid hormone.
Vitamin D causes weight-loss. Know the Process how the body obtains it.
Our skin incorporates vitamin D as a hormone through the absorption of UV Rays of light. Many dieticians encourage getting vitamin D from food, while others suggest supplements. Since vitamin D does not occur naturally in many foods, some experts recommend obtaining the vitamin from the sun. However, it exposes one to skin damage. The risk of skin damage from sun exposure makes people prefer vitamin-D pills and supplements.
Vitamin D causes-weight loss, Know the risks and benefits.
Who are at a higher risk of Vitamin-D Deficiency?
According to an article published in the year 2012, titled, Vitamin D, The Sunshine Vitamin, over 1 billion people worldwide suffer by it. Between 40 and 50 percent of the world’s population do not get enough vitamin D. The following individuals are at a higher risk of acquiring the deficiency.
- Older Individuals
- Breastfed Babies
- Dark Skinned people
- Individuals who live in latitudes with low sunlight
Top benefits of taking vitamin D for weight loss
- Vitamin D Has Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Benefits- Vitamin D is responsible for the synthesis of numerous proteins that reduce stress and help the body fight off infection. This hormonal version of vitamin D helps repair cells, fights oxidation, and may even increase longevity.
- Vitamin D Helps Regulate Belly Fat- The body primarily stores this excess energy as fat. For many individuals, this excess fat accumulates around the waistline for easy access to the bloodstream through the digestive system. Healthy vitamin-D blood levels can also reduce the formation of fat cells within the body.
- Vitamin D May Improve Lean Muscle Mass, Strength, and Bone Mineral Density- Along with exercise benefits, the body stores vitamin D and enables it to play an important role in muscle repair. Muscle tissue has special receptors for vitamin D that enable the nutrient to strengthen muscle fibers and help facilitate recovery from cellular damage.
- Vitamin D Can Help Counteract the Effects of Insulin Resistance- People with type II diabetes or who are at risk for the condition may increase insulin secretion through vitamin D intake. The nutrient can also help with the hunger and overeating associated with insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome. High vitamin D levels result in the release of the hormone gastrin.
Also read: Vitamin D and Cancer Cure